Berry Almond Energy Bars
Berries and almonds combine perfectly with Kellogg's Frosted Flakes® cereal to make these bars great-tasting fuel for on the go.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- 2 1/2 cups Kellogg's Frosted Flakes® cereal
- 1 cup dried cranberries, dried blueberries, or a combination
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
1. In large bowl toss together KELLOGG'S FROSTED FLAKES cereal, cranberries, coconut, almonds, pastry flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt.
2. In small bowl combine honey, butter, oil and vanilla. Add to cereal mixture. Stir until combined. Spread in 12 x 8 x 2-inch baking dish lined with foil and coated with cooking spray.
3. Bake at 350°F about 35 minutes or until browned and center is slightly firm to the touch. Cool completely. Use foil to lift out of dish. Cut into rectangles.