Beef Tenderloin Crackers
A perfect appetizer for an elegant affair—rare roast beef tenderloin topped with shaved Parmesan cheese, watercress and capers.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 3 hour 30 minutes
- 1 piece (1/2 lb.) trimmed beef tenderloin (center cut)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 12 Carr’s® Table Water® Crackers Buy Now
- 1 cup watercress or baby arugula, trimmed
- 1/2 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- 4 teaspoons drained capers
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
1. Tie beef with string to hold shape, if necessary. Rub 1 tablespoon of the oil on all sides of beef. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. Heat large, heavy, skillet over medium-high heat. In skillet, sear beef for 20 to 25 minutes or until browned and desired doneness, turning frequently to brown on all sides*. Transfer to dish. Cool slightly. Cover and freeze about 3 hours or until partially frozen. (Or, cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.)
3. Using sharp knife, very thinly crosswise slice beef.
4. Arrange CARR’S TABLE WATER Crackers with Cracked Pepper on serving platter. Top crackers with beef, watercress, Parmesan cheese and capers. Drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and lemon juice. Sprinkle with additional pepper, if desired. Serve with brown mustard or grain mustard, if desired.
*Note: If desired, roast beef instead of searing it. Place beef on rack in shallow roasting pan. Roast, uncovered, at 425° F about 20 minutes or until desired doneness.