Beef Tenderloin and White Cheddar
The combination of savory beef, slightly bitter arugula and salty capers really complements the bold flavor of white cheddar cheese on these crackers.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 3 hour 30 minutes
- 1/2 pound trimmed beef tenderloin roast (center cut)
- 1 tablespoon tablespoon olive oil (divided)
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
Carr’s® Table Water®Crackers Buy Now
- 16 Kellogg's® Toasteds® Harvest Wheat crackers Buy Now
- 4 ounces sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup baby arugula, trimmed
- 4 teaspoons drained capers
1. Tie beef with string to hold shape, if necessary. Rub 1 teaspoon of the oil on all sides of beef. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. Heat the remaining 2 teaspoons oil in a small, heavy, oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Sear beef in skillet on all sides until browned (about 5 minutes total). Place in 400° F oven. Roast, uncovered, for 7 to 10 minutes or until meat thermometer reaches 145°F or desired doneness. Cool slightly. Cover and freeze about 3 hour or until partially frozen. (Or, cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.)
3. Very thinly crosswise slice beef. Toss beef slices with vinegar.
4. Arrange crackers on serving plate. Very thinly slice cheese. Place on crackers.
5. Top cheese with beef. Sprinkle with additional pepper (if desired). Top with arugula and capers.