Beef Patties and Beans
Classic comfort food in a one-skillet meal! All-Bran® cereal lends a tender texture, plus vitamins and minerals, to these mouth-watering beef patties, which are simmered in a pork-and-bean chili sauce and topped with gooey melted cheese. Serve with a fresh green salad and watch them disappear!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Complete® Wheat Flakes cereal Buy Now
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 can (16 oz.) pork and beans
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/3 cup shredded American cheese
1. In large mixing bowl, beat egg slightly. Stir in milk, salt, pepper, and KELLOGG'S COMPLETE Wheat Bran Flakes cereal. Let stand about 2 minutes or until cereal is softened. Add ground beef, mixing until combined. Shape
mixture into 6 patties.
2. In large frypan, brown patties on both sides. Drain off excess drippings. Stir together pork and beans, chili sauce, and mustard. Pour over patties. Cover. Simmer about 30 minutes or until meat is done or until done (160 degrees F), stirring gently once or twice. Top each serving with shredded cheese.