Beef and Fruit Curry
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 4 hour 15 minutes
- 2 pounds boneless beef sirloin, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 can (20 oz.) pineapple chunks packed in juice
- 2 cups Kellogg's Raisin Bran® cereal Buy Now
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup dried apricots, halved
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 4 cups hot, cooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup dry roasted cashews (optional)
1. In large skillet quickly cook beef, half at a time, in hot oil just until browned. Drain off fat. Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Set aside.
2. In 4- to 6-quart crockery cooker combine cereal, undrained tomatoes, onion, apricots, sugar, curry powder and red pepper. Stir in beef, drained pineapple and 1/2 cup of reserved pineapple juice. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 hours.
3. Serve over hot rice. Sprinkle with cashews, if desired.