Baked in muffin tins and topped with a mixture of poppy and sesame seeds, these yeast-bread dinner rolls are anything but ordinary. Serve them warm, spread with fresh herb butter, for a savory treat.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 2 hour
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- or 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Bran Buds® cereal Buy Now
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 package dry yeast
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- Poppy seed, optional
- Sesame seed, optional
1. In large electric mixer bowl, mix together
2. In small saucepan, heat milk, water and margarine until warm (115°F to 120°F). Add to cereal mixture, beating on low speed until combined. Reserve 1 tablespoon of egg. Add remaining egg to cereal mixture. Beat 30 seconds at low speed of electric mixer, scraping bowl constantly. Beat 3 minutes at high speed.
3. By hand, stir in enough remaining flour to make stiff batter. Cover loosely. Let rise in warm place until double in volume. Stir down batter. Portion batter evenly into sixteen 2 1/2-inch muffin-pan cups coated with cooking spray. Brush tops of rolls with reserved egg. Sprinkle with poppy or sesame seed, if desired.
4. Bake at 400°F for 18 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
For lighter texture rolls, after portioning dough into muffin-pan cups, let rise in warm place until almost double in volume. Do not cover. Bake at 400°F about 15 minutes or until golden brown.