For optimal banana flavor, choose very ripe bananas.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 2 cups (9 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup (3 1/2 ounces) sugar
- 1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups (6 ounces) Kellogg's® Frosted Mini-Wheats® Strawberry cereal
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe banana (about 4 small bananas)
- 1 cup (8 fl. ounces) fat-free milk
- 2 each eggs, slightly beaten, large
- 1/4 cup (2 fl. ounces) vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons (3 fl. ounces) strawberry preserves
1. In medium bowl stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
2. In large bowl stir together KELLOGG'S MINI-WHEATS FROSTED STRAWBERRY DELIGHT cereal, banana and milk. Let stand about 5 minutes or until cereal softens. Add egg, oil and vanilla. Beat well. Add flour mixture, stirring until just combined. Portion half of the batter evenly into twelve 2 1/2-inch muffin-pan cups coated with cooking spray or lined with foil bake cups. Top each muffin with scant teaspoon preserves. Portion remaining batter evenly on top of preserves.
3. Bake at 375°F about 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan for 5 minutes. Remove from pan. Serve warm.