Banana Muffins with Strawberries
Chunks of fresh strawberries make these banana muffins something special
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 1/2 cups Kellogg's® Frosted Mini-Wheats® Bite Size cereal Buy Now
- 3/4 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 small bananas)
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
1. In medium bowl stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir in strawberries. Set aside.
2. In large bowl stir together cereal, banana and milk. Let stand about 5 minutes or until cereal softens. Add egg, oil and vanilla. Beat well. Add flour mixture, stirring until just combined. Portion batter evenly into twelve 2 1/2-inch muffin-pan cups coated with cooking spray or lined with foil bake cups.
3. Bake at 375° F about 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 5 minutes. Remove from pan. Serve warm.