Banana Drop Biscuits
Looking to sweeten up your afternoon? When you pull these hearty banana-enhanced biscuits from the oven, drizzle them with a delicious vanilla glaze and sprinkle with almonds, if desired.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 2 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Complete® Wheat Flakes cereal Buy Now
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon fat-free milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds (optional)
1. Mix together sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl, combine flour, salt, and baking powder. With pastry blender, cut in margarine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside.
3. In medium-size bowl, stir together KELLOGG'S COMPLETE Wheat Bran Flakes cereal, bananas, and the 1/3 cup milk. Let stand 2 minutes or until cereal softens. Add egg whites and vanilla. Mix well. Add flour mixture, stirring only until combined. Using 1/4-cup measure, drop dough into 8 x 8 x 2-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with sugar-cinnamon mixture.
4. Bake at 400° F about 25 minutes or until golden brown.
5. To make glaze, combine powdered sugar, the 1 tablespoon milk, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla until smooth. Drizzle over hot biscuits and sprinkle with almonds, if desired. Serve warm.