Banana Date Bread
Is it quick bread, or a slice of sunshine? This flavorful loaf is bursting with the taste of desert sunsets and sun-warmed tropical fruits. Try a piece for your next coffee break – and don't just take a breather, take a 15-minute vacation.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 2 hour 30 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped, pitted dates
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 1 1/2 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- or 1 1/2 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Bran Buds® cereal Buy Now
- 1 1/2 cups mashed, fully ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped nuts (optional)
1. Stir together flour, baking powder, soda and salt. Set aside.
2. In medium mixing bowl, stir together dates and water. Cover, let stand 10 minutes.
Add KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal and bananas. Let stand about 2 minutes or until
3. Meanwhile, in large mixing bowl, beat margarine and sugar until well combined.
Add eggs. Beat well. Mix in cereal mixture. Stir in flour mixture and nuts. Spread batter
evenly in 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
4. Bake at 350° F about 1 hour or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out
clean. Let cool 10 minutes before removing from pan. Remove from pan and cool
completely on wire rack. For easier slicing, wrap tightly and store overnight in