Banana Breeze Pie
This easy pie features uncomplicated flavors--banana, lemon and cinnamon..
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 2 hour 40 minutes
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1 cup Kellogg's® Corn Flake Crumbs Buy Now
- 4 cups Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal Buy Now
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 medium ripe bananas
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
1. In 1-quart saucepan, melt butter, sugar and cinnamon over low heat; stirring constantly until bubbles form around edges of pan. Remove from heat. Add cereal. Mix well. Press mixture evenly and firmly in bottom and on side of 9-inch pie pan to form crust. Chill.
2. In medium mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add sweetened condensed milk, mixing thoroughly. Add the 1/3 cup lemon juice and vanilla, stirring until thickened.
3. Slice 3 bananas. Line crust with banana slices. Turn filling into crust. Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm. (Do not freeze.)
4. Cut remaining 2 bananas into thin slices. Dip in the 2 tablespoons lemon juice. Garnish top of pie with banana slices. Store in refrigerator.