Banana-Apple Bran Loaf
Banana bread or apple bread? How about both? We've baked both of your favorite fruits into this luscious, cinnamon-scented loaf. It's a sweet-tart taste sensation that's sure to say "snack time" to every member of your family.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 2 hour 20 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup mashed, ripe banana
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup skim milk soured with 1/2 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
1. Stir together flour, soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
2. In medium bowl, stir together banana, applesauce, milk and KELLOGG'S
ALL-BRAN cereal. Let stand about 5 minutes or until cereal softens.
3. In large mixing bowl, beat margarine and sugar until combined Add egg. Beat
well. Mix in cereal mixture. Stir in flour mixture, mixing until combined. Spread
evenly in 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
4. Bake at 350° F about 50 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center comes
out clean. Let cool 10 minutes in pan. Remove from pan and cool completely before