Baked Spiced-Banana Doughnuts
Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® cereal adds a crunchy topping to this low-fat version of cinnamon-spiced doughnuts.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 3 1/2 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium bananas)
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts (optional)
1. In medium bowl stir together 3 cups of the cereal, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, soda and salt. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl beat egg whites, bananas, brown sugar and oil on medium speed of electric mixer until combined. Add cereal-flour mixture. Beat on medium speed until just combined. Use 1/3 cup measure coated with cooking spray to portion dough onto baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Use small rubber spatula coated with cooking spray to make 1-inch hole in center of each doughnut. Sprinkle with remaining cereal and nuts (if desired).
3. Bake at 400° F for 8 to 10 minutes or until doughnuts begin to brown. Cool on wire racks. Serve warm or cold.