Baked Potatoes with Sour Cream
Layers of potatoes mingle with a rich, creamy sauce in this baked casserole. Serve it at your next party or pot-luck dinner.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 2/3 cup chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 4 cups sliced cooked potatoes or
- 4 cups shredded hashbrown potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal Buy Now
- 1/2 cup Kellogg's® Corn Flake Crumbs Buy Now
- 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter, melted
1. In 1-quart saucepan, cook onions in the 2 tablespoons margarine until golden brown, stirring frequently. Set aside.
2. In small mixing bowl, combine sour cream and eggs. Set aside.
3. Place half the potatoes in lightly greased 10 x 6 x 2-inch (1 1/2-quart) glass baking dish. Spread half the onions over potatoes and pour half the sour cream mixture on top. Repeat using remaining potatoes, onions and sour cream mixture. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
4. In medium mixing bowl, combine KELLOGG'S CORN FLAKES cereal, cheese and the 1 tablespoon melted margarine. Sprinkle cereal mixture over potatoes.
5. Bake at 350° F about 25 minutes or until top is golden brown. Serve hot.