Baked Pepperoni Chicken
Chicken Parmesan fans, save your long-cooking recipes for weekends and enjoy this flavorful entrée when you have limited preparation time. Just one dish is needed.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste
- 2 ounces sliced turkey pepperoni, coarsely chopped
- 1 can (2 oz.) sliced ripe olives, drained, or 1 can (4 oz.) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 cup (2 oz.) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
1. Cut chicken into 8 serving-size pieces. Place in ungreased 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish. Lightly sprinkle with pepper.
2. In medium bowl stir together marinara sauce, tomato paste, pepperoni and olives. Spoon sauce on chicken pieces.
3. Bake chicken, uncovered, at 350°F about 45 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink (165°F).
4. Meanwhile, in another medium bowl toss together Kellogg's Club Buttery Garlic crackers, cheese and Italian seasoning. Sprinkle on chicken pieces. Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 5 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and crumbs are browned. To serve, use slotted spoon to lift sauce- and crumb-topped chicken out of juices.