Baked Pancake with Apples
As it bakes, this pancake puffs and forms a light, free form bowl to hold the apple- and berry-topping.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup apple juice
- 3 cups thinly sliced tart apples
- 1/2 cup fresh red raspberries (optional)
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries (optional)
1. In 10-inch pie plate or oven-safe skillet place butter. Heat in 425°F oven for 4 minutes or until melted. Remove from oven.
2. Meanwhile, in blender container combine cereal, eggs, milk, flour and salt. Cover and blend for 15 seconds or until smooth. Pour into hot skillet. Bake at 425°F for 20 minutes or until golden brown and puffed. Remove from oven. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Cut into wedges.
3. Meanwhile, in small saucepan stir together brown sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon. Gradually stir in apple juice. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens. Stir in apples. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through. Stir in raspberries and blueberries, if desired. Serve over hot pancake wedges.