They're baked to give you all the sweet fun with a fraction of the fat. Pair them with fresh-pressed cider for the perfect Saturday-afternoon-in-autumn treat!
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 2 hour 30 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups milk, scalded
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 2 packages dry yeast
- 1/4 cup lukewarm water (105 to 115°F)
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
1. In large mixing bowl, pour hot milk over shortening. Stir in sugar, salt, spices
and KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal. Cool to lukewarm.
2. Dissolve yeast in lukewarm water. Let stand 5 minutes. Add to cereal mixture
together with eggs. Mix well. Add flour and thoroughly combine. Cover and let
stand in warm place until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
3. Turn dough out on well-floured board. Shape into a ball. (Dough will be very
soft to handle.) Roll out lightly to about 1/2 inch of thickness. Be careful not to
stretch dough. Cut with floured 3-inch doughnut cutter. Place about 2 inches
apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Brush with melted butter and
let rise in warm place until doubled in bulk, about 20 minutes.
4. Bake at 425° F about 10 minutes. Cool and ice with thin icing or decorate as