Baked Apples Recipe
Celebrate fall with these tender, juicy apples packed with fiber-rich cereal, apricots, raisins and pecans. Choose apples that bake well, such as Cortland, Granny Smith, McIntosh, Jonathan, Rome Beauty, Empire, Fuji or Gala.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 6 baking apples
- 1/2 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 tablespoons butter or unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup apple cider
1. Core apples. Peel 1-inch-wide strip from top of each.
2. Stir together KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN Original cereal, raisins, apricots, pecans, butter, brown sugar and cinnamon.
3. Firmly pack cereal mixture into apple cavities. Place in 11 x 7 x 2-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Pour cider over top. Bake, uncovered, at 375°F about 50 minutes or until apples are tender.