Baked Apple Pancake
Cinnamon apples top this light, puffy pancake, made with Rice Krispies® cereal.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal Buy Now
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries (optional)
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries (optional)
1. Place KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal, flour, the 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, eggs, milk and oil into electric blender container. Process 15 seconds or until mixture is smooth.
2. Place glass 10-inch pie plate in 425° oven for 5 minutes. Carefully remove hot plate from oven. Quickly coat with cooking spray and pour cereal batter into hot plate. Return to oven and bake about 20 minutes or until golden brown and puffed around edges. Remove from oven and sift with powdered sugar. Cut and serve immediately with Apple Topping.
3. While pancake bakes, make Apple Topping by melting butter in 12-inch skillet. Add the 1/3 cup granulated sugar, cinnamon, apples and water. Simmer about 10 minutes or until apples are just tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and stir in raspberries and blueberries, if desired. Serve hot over hot pancake.