These turkey meatballs are baked then blended with a spicy, sweet plum glaze. Serve them on skewers for a beautiful presentation.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Bran Buds® cereal Buy Now
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onions
- 1/4 cup chile-garlic sauce, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon grated gingerroot
- 1 1/4 pounds ground turkey
- 1 jar (12 oz.) plum preserves, plum jam or apricot all-fruit spread
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1. In medium bowl stir together egg whites, KELLOGG’S ALL-BRAN BRAN BUDS cereal, onions, 2 tablespoons of the chile-garlic sauce, cilantro and gingerroot. Add turkey. Mix well. Shape into forty-eight 1-inch meatballs. Place in 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan.
2. Bake at 400º F about 15 minutes or until no longer pink in center.
3. Meanwhile, in small saucepan combine plum preserves, vinegar, remaining 2 tablespoons chile-garlic sauce, water and red pepper. Cook and stir over low heat until hot. Remove from heat. (Stir in additional 1 to 2 tablespoons of water to thin glaze, if necessary.)
4. In chafing dish or large bowl combine meatballs and plum mixture. Serve with cocktail picks or small forks.