Hoisin sauce and spices lend an Oriental flavor to these burgers. If you can’t find Chinese five-spice powder at your grocery, ground ginger also works well.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 10 Keebler® Club® Original crackers (crushed to 1/2 cup) Buy Now
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder or ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 4 (1/2- to 3/4-inch thick) slices fresh or canned pineapple, drained
- 4 (1/4- to 1/2-inch thick) slices red onion
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 hamburger buns, split
1. In bowl stir together Kellogg's® Club Original crackers, hoisin sauce, five-spice powder and cayenne pepper. Add ground beef. Mix well. Shape into four 1/2-inch-thick patties. Brush pineapple and onion slices on both sides with oil.
2. Grill burgers directly over medium heat for 12 to 16 minutes or until no longer pink (165° F), turning once. Add pineapple slices and red onion slices to grill alongside burgers for the last 5 to 7 minutes of grilling or until beginning to brown, turning once.
3. Serve burgers in buns along with pineapple and onion slices.