Apricot Glazed Chicken
Make a weeknight dinner into a special event! This stunning chicken breast roulade is stuffed with earthy mushrooms and crunchy water chestnuts and coated with a tangy, rich apricot glaze. Better make enough for seconds.
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 25 minutes
- 1 jar (12 oz.) apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 8 boned, skinned, split chicken breasts (about 2 lbs.)
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/4 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1 can (8 oz.) water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sage
1. Combine preserves, mayonnaise, ketchup and dry mustard. Set aside for
2. Place each chicken breast between waxed paper. Pound to 1/8-inch thickness,
being careful not to tear meat. Set aside.
3. Melt margarine in medium fry pan. Add onions and celery. Cook over medium
heat, stirring frequently until crisp-tender. Stir in mushrooms and cook 3 minutes
4. Combine chicken broth and KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal. Let stand about
1 minute or until cereal absorbs broth. Add onion mixture, water chestnuts,
salt, pepper and sage, thoroughly mixing. Fill each breast with 1/4 cup filling. Roll,
folding in sides. Place breasts seam-side down, in shallow 12 x 8-inch baking dish.
Cover chicken with sauce.
5. Bake, uncovered at 350° F about 45 minutes or until chicken is tender and no
longer pink. Serve over hot rice if desired.