Apricot Fluff Pie
Kellogg's® Special K® cereal lends crunch to the chocolaty crust surrounding the orange-apricot filling in this pie
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 3 hour 30 minutes
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1 package (6 oz. 1 cup) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups Kellogg's® Special K® Cereal Original
- 1 can (17 oz.) apricot halves, well drained, reserving syrup
- 1 package (3 oz.) orange gelatin
- 1 pint (2 cups) whipping cream
1. Melt margarine, corn syrup, and chocolate chips together in medium-size
saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly until smooth. Remove from heat.
Add KELLOGG'S SPECIAL K cereal, stirring until well coated. With back of
spoon, press mixture evenly around sides and in bottom of buttered 8 or 9-inch
pie pan to form crust. Chill.
2. Reserve 8 apricot halves for top of pie. Cut remaining halves into small
pieces for filling. Set aside.
3. Measure 1 cup of the reserved apricot syrup into small saucepan. Bring to
boil. Combine hot syrup with gelatin in small mixing bowl, stirring until
dissolved. Chill until gelatin is consistency of unbeaten egg whites.
Meanwhile, place whipping cream in large mixing bowl. Beat until stiff peaks
form. Set aside.
4. Whip chilled gelatin until thick and foamy and double in volume. Gently
fold whipped gelatin and apricot pieces into whipped cream. Spoon filling into
pie crust. Chill 1 hour or until set. Arrange reserved apricots, whole or cut
in half, on pie just before serving. Garnish with additional whipped cream, if
To cut pie easily, place hot wet towel under bottom and around sides of pan.
Allow to stand a few moments.