There's something magical about a freshly baked apricot crumble – it can create a cheerful ending for even the most taxing day. And because this one features dried apricots, it can be ready in a jiffy any time of year. So go ahead – cast an apricot spell.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 2 hour 5 minutes
- 1 cup dried apricots
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup margarine or butter
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 3 tablespoons water
1. In 2-quart saucepan, simmer apricots in the 1 1/4 cups water, uncovered,
about 20 minutes or until tender. Puree apricots, liquid and the 2 tablespoons
sugar in electric blender or food processor. Set aside.
2. While apricots are simmering, in large mixing bowl, combine flour, the
1/2 cup sugar, salt and cinnamon. Using pastry blender, cut in margarine
until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal.
Add the 3 tablespoons water, mixing well. Mixture will be crumbly. Set aside
1 cup of mixture for topping. With the back of spoon, press remaining mixture
firmly in bottom of ungreased 9 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan. Spread pureed apricots
evenly over cereal mixture in pan. Sprinkle with reserved topping, pressing slightly.
3. Bake at 350° F about 35 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely.
Cut into 2 1/2 x 2-inch bars to serve.