Apricot Coffee Cake
This apricot coffeecake is almost too pretty to eat! Fortunately, its flavor makes it irresistible. This cake owes its lovely texture to a cup of All-Bran® cereal and its tangy-sweet flavor to a half cup of apricot preserves. It's a beautiful addition to your morning routine.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
1. Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl, combine KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal and milk.
Let stand about 2 minutes or until cereal softens. Add egg and shortening.
Beat well. Add flour mixture, stirring only until combined. Spread evenly in
9 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray.
3. With floured spoon, make groves in dough diagonally across pan about
1 1/2 inches apart, forming lattice. Fill groves with apricot preserves.
4. Bake at 400° F about 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center
comes out clean.. Cut in squares and serve immediately.