Finally! Truly delicious, truly moist muffins can also be truly fat free! Eggs white and applesauce make them tender, while whole-wheat flour and All-Bran® cereal give these muffins a nutty, rich taste
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 cup raisins
1. Stir together all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, soda and salt. Set aside.
2. In large bowl combine KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN ORIGINAL cereal, applesauce and milk. Let stand about 5 minutes or until cereal softens. Add egg whites. Mix well.
3. Add flour mixture and raisins, stirring until just combined. Portion evenly into eighteen 2 1/2-inch muffin-pan cups coated with cooking spray or lined with foil bake cups.
4. Bake at 400° F about 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Serve warm.