Applesauce Fruit Muffins
Unsweetened applesauce lends tenderness to these reduced-fat muffins.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups Kellogg's® Special K® Cereal Fruit & Yogurt Buy Now
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup refrigerated egg substitute*
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1. In small bowl stir together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
2. In large bowl combine KELLOGG'S SPECIAL K FRUIT & YOGURT cereal, applesauce and milk. Let stand about 5 minutes or until cereal softens. Add honey, egg substitute and oil. Beat well. Add flour mixture, stirring until just combined. Portion evenly into twelve 2 1/2-inch muffin-pan cups coated with cooking spray or lined with foil bake cups.
3. Bake at 400°F about 17 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in muffin pan for 5 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool completely.
*Note: If desired, substitute 1 slightly beaten egg or 2 slightly beaten egg whites for the egg substitute.