Applesauce Bran Bread
You'll be sweetly surprised by this coffee-cake-style yeast bread. It's a cinch to mix and bake, with no kneading needed! And what's more, this inviting round loaf scores as high on presentation as it does on taste.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 3 hour 30 minutes
- 2 1/2 to 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- or 1/2 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Bran Buds® cereal Buy Now
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package dry yeast
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 3 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 1 egg, room temperature
1. In large electric mixer bowl, mix together 1/2 cup of the flour, KELLOGG'S
ALL-BRAN cereal, sugar, salt and yeast. Set aside.
2. Combine applesauce, milk and margarine in small saucepan. Heat until very
warm (120° to 130° F). Margarine does not need to melt. On low speed, gradually
add to cereal mixture and beat 2 minutes on medium speed, scraping bowl
occasionally. Add egg and 1/2 cup flour. Beat 2 minutes on high speed, scraping
bowl occasionally. Stir in enough remaining flour (1 1/2 to 2 cups) to make stiff,
sticky dough. Cover loosely. Let rise in warm place until double in volume.
3. Stir down dough. Spoon into 1-quart round casserole dish coated with cooking
spray. Cover and let rise in warm place until double in volume.
4. Bake at 375° F about 35 minutes or until done. To prevent over-browning, cover
loosely with foil during last few minutes of baking time. Remove from casserole.
Cool on wire rack.