Bursting with rich autumn flavors, this striking apple-stuffed squash side dish recipe can turn any meal into a celebration. Of course, it also has fiber from All-Bran® cereal. But all you'll remember is the pure pleasure of eating it.
Prep Time: 55 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- 1 medium acorn squash
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 cups dry whole wheat bread cubes
- 1 1/2 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Complete® Wheat Flakes cereal Buy Now
- 1/3 cup chopped red apple
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 thin red apple slices
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
1. Wash squash. Cut squash in half lengthwise. Remove and discard seeds. Place squash halves, cut side down, in foil-lined, shallow baking pan. Bake at
350° F about 45 minutes. Turn squash halves right side up. Lengthwise cut each in half, making 4 total pieces.
2. Meanwhile, in medium saucepan, cook celery and onion in butter until tender. Add bread cubes, cereal, apple and poultry seasoning. Drizzle with chicken broth, mixing until thoroughly combined.
3. Spoon stuffing onto each squash piece. Top stuffing with apple slices. Drizzle syrup over top. Loosely cover pan with foil. Return to oven and bake about 35 minutes more or until squash is tender. Serve hot.