Apple Strudel Breakfast Bake
Pop-Tarts® Apple Strudel toaster pastries baked with eggs, sausage and cheese make a unique breakfast for weekend mornings.
Total Time: 3 hour 30 minutes
- 8 ounces pork sausage
- 1 small cooking apple, cored and chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups (6 oz.) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 1/4 cups fat-free milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. In small skillet cook sausage until brown, stirring occasionally to break up. Drain off fat. Set aside. In small bowl toss together apple, sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
2. Cut KELLOGG'S POP TARTS APPLE STRUDEL toaster pastries into fourths. Place half of the toaster pastry pieces in 8 x 8 x 2-inch baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray. Top with half of the sausage, half of the apple mixture and half of the cheese. Repeat layers.
3. In medium bowl whisk together eggs and sour cream. Stir in milk, vanilla and salt. Pour over mixture in baking dish. Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 24 hours.
4. Bake, uncovered, at 375°F for 60 to 70 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean (170°F). Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.