Apple Glazed Ham Loaf
Apples and pork are a can't miss combination, so this home style meat loaf combines ground pork and ham with an apple glaze.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 2 hour
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal Buy Now
- or 3/4 cup Kellogg's® Corn Flake Crumbs Buy Now
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar, divided
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard, divided
- 1 pound cooked ham, ground
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 jar (10 oz.) apple jelly
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
1. In large mixing bowl, beat eggs slightly. Add KELLOGG'S CORN FLAKES Crumbs, 1/4 cup of the sugar, milk, onion, pepper and 1 1/2 teaspoons of the mustard. Beat thoroughly. Add ham and pork, mixing until combined. Shape into loaf and place in shallow baking pan coated with cooking spray.
2. Bake at 350°F about 1 hour and 15 minutes or until well browned and meat is done. Pour half of glaze in small dish to brush on loaf 2 to 3 times during last 30 minutes of baking. Serve hot with remaining glaze.
3. While meat is baking, prepare glaze. In 1-quart saucepan, stir together the remaining 1/4 cup sugar, lemon juice and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon mustard. Cook over low heat, stirring frequently, until jelly melts. Bring to boil, cooking 1 minute longer, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Serve hot with Ham Loaf.