Apple Gingerbread Cobbler
This cobbler features apples and spice and everything nice − including All-Bran® cereal, which adds fiber to this simple, classic dessert.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 40 minutes
- 4 cups sliced, peeled apples
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- or 1/2 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Bran Buds® cereal Buy Now
- 2/3 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup light molasses
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
1. Spread apples in 10 x 6 x 2-inch or 8 x 8 x 2-inch glass baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine brown sugar and margarine. Spread over apples. Sprinkle water over apples. Set aside.
2. In large bowl, combine KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal, hot water, molasses and shortening. Let stand about 5 minutes. Whisk in egg.
3. Stir together flour, granulated sugar, soda, salt and spices. Add to cereal mixture, stirring until combined. Spoon batter over apples.
4. Bake at 350° F about 40 minutes or until apples are tender. Serve warm or cold with whipped topping, if desired.