These delicious apple fritters are the perfect accompaniment to the first fresh-pressed cider of the season. Tangy apple slices nestle in a chewy-soft batter that's enriched with All-Bran® cereal. It's what every doughnut wishes it could be!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 3-4 medium apples
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons shortening, melted
- 2/3 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- Oil for frying
1. Core and peel apples. Cut in slices 1/2-inch thick. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Set aside.
2. In medium mixing bowl, stir together flour, granulated sugar, baking powder and salt.
3. Combine egg, milk and cooled melted shortening. Add to sifted dry ingredients, mixing until smooth. Stir in cereal.
4. Dip apple slices in batter, completely coating them. Place slice in hot oil and fry at 350°F about 5 minutes or until browned. Drain on paper towels. Serve hot, plain or with fruit sauce.