Apple Crunch Cake
Dessert is back on the menu! Packed with juicy apples and topped with a crunchy cake made of All-Bran® cereal, this is a treat your whole family will enjoy!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 1/3 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Complete® Wheat Flakes cereal Buy Now
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Complete® Wheat Flakes cereal Buy Now
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 2 1/2 cups coarsely chopped pared apples (about 2/3 lb. 2 medium-size)
1. In medium mixing bowl, stir together first four ingredients. Cut in the 3
tablespoons margarine until crumbly. Set aside for topping.
3. In large mixing bowl, beat margarine, sugar, egg, and lemon peel until
light and fluffy. Add flour mixture alternately with milk, mixing well after
each addition. Stir in apples. Spread evenly in greased 9 x 9 x 2-inch baking
pan. Sprinkle evenly with cereal topping.
4. Bake at 375°F about 35 minutes or until cake tests done. Cool. Serve
with whipped topping, if desired.