For many stuffing fans, the only reason for the turkey at Thanksgiving is to hold the stuffing. If you're a stuffing fanatic, don't wait for the holidays, make this apple-studded version any day of the year.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onions
- 1 cup finely chopped, peeled apples
- 1/2 cup finely cut celery
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/3 cup tomato juice, stock or chicken broth
- 6 cups Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal Buy Now
- 2 cups dry bread cubes
- 2 egg whites
1. In medium saucepan, melt margarine. Add onions, apples and celery. Cook until tender, but not browned, stirring occasionally. Stir in seasonings. Remove from heat.
2. In large mixing bowl, combine tomato juice, KELLOGG'S CORN FLAKES® cereal and dry bread cubes.
3. Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry. Fold into cereal mixture together
with onion mixture. Mix well.
4. Use mixture for stuffing poultry or fish.
5 cups is sufficient for 4-5 pound bird.