This platter is a sure-fire hit for holiday parties. The easy-to-prepare assortment of meats, vegetables, cheese, crackers and olives has something for everyone’s palate.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 20 thin fresh asparagus spears, trimmed to 6-inch lengths (about 1/2 lb.)
- 1/4 pound pound thinly sliced prosciutto
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- Cracked black pepper
- 2/3 pound thinly sliced peppered turkey breast, Genoa salami or combination
- 10 ounces baby Swiss cheese, extra sharp cheddar cheese, sharp white cheddar cheese or combination, sliced 1/4-inch thick
Keebler® Town House®Original crackers Buy Now
Keebler® Toasteds®Buttercrisp crackers Buy Now
Keebler® Club®Original crackers Buy Now
- 1/2 cup assorted mixed olives, drained
1. Place steamer basket in Dutch oven or large skillet. Add enough water to come just below the bottom of the basket. Bring to boiling. Place asparagus in basket. Reduce heat to medium-low. Steam asparagus, covered, for 4 minutes. Remove asparagus from basket. Immerse in ice water to cool quickly. Drain asparagus. Pat dry with paper towels.
2. Cut prosciutto into ten strips that measure about 5- x 2-inches each. Reserve any remaining prosciutto. Wrap one strip of prosciutto around 2 asparagus spears. Place on serving platter. Repeat with remaining prosciutto strips and asparagus. Whisk together vinegar, oil and mustard. Drizzle over asparagus bundles. Lightly sprinkle with pepper.
3. Cut any reserved prosciutto, turkey slices or Genoa salami into desired sizes. Arrange meats, cheese, crackers and olives beside asparagus bundles on serving platter.