Alouette® Spinach Artichoke Crab Gratin with Keebler® Town House® Crackers
Savor the splendor of delicate crabmeat in this garlicky, spinach- and artichoke-spread.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon bottled minced garlic or 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 package (6.5 oz.) Aloutte® Spinach Artichoke Spreadable Cheese
- 6 ounces jumbo lump crabmeat (about 1 1/3 cups)*
- 8 Keebler® Town House® Original crackers Buy Now
- 1 teaspoon butter or margarine, melted
- Keebler® Town House® Original crackers Buy Now
1. In medium saucepan melt the 1 tablespoon butter. Stir in garlic. Cook over medium heat for 30 seconds. Stir in flour, salt, nutmeg and pepper. Whisk in milk. Cook and stir over medium heat until boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
2. Stir in ALOUETTE SPINACH ARTICHOKE SPREADABLE CHEESE, a little at a time, until melted. Add crabmeat; stir until combined. Spread in shallow 1-quart casserole or 9-inch pie plate coated with cooking spray.
3. In small bowl combine 8 crushed KEEBLER TOWN HOUSE Original crackers and 1 teaspoon melted butter. Sprinkle over crab mixture. Bake at 400°F for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly around edges. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
4. Spread on additional crackers to serve.
*Note: If desired, substitute 6 ounces of imitation chunk-style crabmeat, cut into 1/2-inch pieces, for the crabmeat.