Almond Poppy Seed Loaf
Almonds and poppy seeds add a nutty flavor and crunchy texture to this elegant and easy quick bread. It makes a yummy afternoon snack or a lovely accompaniment to chicken or egg salad, especially when served with a cool glass of lemonade or iced tea. A special treat for your next al fresco spring luncheon!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 2 hour 20 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons poppy seed
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon almond flavoring
- 1/2 cup toasted chopped almonds
1. Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and poppy seeds. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl, combine milk, eggs, oil,
vanilla and almond
flavoring. Let stand 2 minutes or until cereal softens. Stir in almonds. Add flour
mixture, stirring only until combined. Spread batter evenly in 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 2 1/2-inch
loaf pans coated with cooking spray.
3. Bake at 350°F about 50 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center comes
out clean. Let cool 10 minutes before removing from pan. Cool completely before
slicing. Wrap with plastic wrap.