Almond Cocoa Muffins
Who knew indulgence could be so healthy? These rich, chocolatey muffins are packed with the goodness of All-Bran® cereal and yummy almonds – they're great as a breakfast treat or an afternoon pick-me-up!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
1. Stir together flours, sugar, baking powder, salt, cocoa powder and
cinnamon. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl, combine
stand 2 minutes or until cereal softens. Add egg whites, oil and almonds. Beat
well. Add flour mixture, stirring only until combined. Portion evenly into twelve
2 1/2-inch muffin-pan cups coated with cooking spray.
4. Bake at 400°F about 22 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm.