Almond Citrus Muffins
Looking for a flavorful way to start your day? The sunny taste of citrus adds a bright note to these All-Bran® cereal muffins. Toasted almonds on top add a delicious finishing touch.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped slivered almonds, toasted (optional)
1. In small bowl stir together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
2. In large bowl stir together cereal, milk, sugar, orange juice, orange peel and almond extract. Let stand 2 minutes or until cereal is softened. Add egg and oil. Beat well. Add flour mixture, stirring until just combined. Spoon batter evenly into twelve 2 1/2-inch muffin cups coated with cooking spray or lined with paper bake cups. Sprinkle almonds on top if desired.
3. Bake at 400ºF about 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Serve warm.
Yield: 12 muffins
*NOTE: To toast almonds, spread them in a single layer in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 350ºF for 5 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown. Be sure to watch carefully and stir them once or twice so they don't burn.