MorningStar Farms® Breakfast Sausage Plant-Based Gyro
By Chef Jill Barron at Beatrix Fulton Market, Chicago IL
- 2 cups Beefsteak tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup Red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 ea. Serrano pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ea. Lemon, zested and juiced
- 8 oz. Feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, pitted, chopped
- 2 cups Cucumber, sliced
- 8 ea. Basil leaves, torn
- 4 ea. MorningStar Farms® Veggie Breakfast Sausage Patties Buy Now
- 2 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 5 ea. Pita
- 1 pinch Kosher salt
- To garnish Pickled red onions
1. In a small bowl combine tomatoes, red onion, and serrano peppers with olive oil, lemon zest and juice and mix until combined. Then add feta, olives, cucumbers, basil and set aside until service.
2. In a pan, heat canola oil. Cut MorningStar Farms® Veggie Breakfast Sausage Patties into strips and sauté until browned.
3. Warm pita in oven at 250°F for 5 minutes.
4. To Serve: Fill pita with hot MorningStar Farms® Veggie Breakfast Sausage Patties and Greek salad and season with kosher salt. Garnish with pickled red onions.