5-on-5 Avocado Dip
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 medium avocado, peeled and mashed
- 1 container (8 oz.) sour cream, divided
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 can (16 oz.) refried beans
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup (2 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1 cup
1. In small bowl combine avocado, 1/2 cup of sour cream, lemon juice and pepper sauce. Set aside.
2. In small saucepan combine beans and chili powder. Cook and stir over low heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until warm. Stir in green onions and 1/4 cup of remaining sour cream. Spread in 9-inch pie plate or on 10-inch serving plate.
3. Spread avocado mixture over bean mixture. Sprinkle with cheese, tomato and olives. Spoon dollops of remaining sour cream on top.
4. Just before serving, arrange 1 cup of crackers around edge of dip. Serve with additional crackers.