Printing Your Coupons
1. Kellogg Coupons print separately from Other Coupons. Be sure to print your selected coupons before you leave this page or move to a new tab. Please note: Once a coupon is selected, you can only view the coupon twice for printing. Coupons cannot print from a mobile device or tablet.
2. We recommend printing a test coupon.
- Before printing the test coupon, please make sure your printer is on, connected to your computer, and loaded with paper and ink.
- Click the image below to print your test coupon. The first time you print, a Java applet will appear. Click Run to start the coupon printer. See how
Having trouble printing the test coupon? Review the steps below or click here for additional support.
1. Make sure you’re using one of these operating systems and browsers:
- Windows 7, or XP with IE 7–9, Firefox 5 and higher, or Chrome 15 and higher
- Mac 10.6.8 or higher with Safari 5 or higher, Firefox 5 and higher, or Chrome 15 and higher
- Read how to find your operating system
- Read how to find your browser version
2. Using the most recent version of Java is the best way to ensure a smooth printing experience. Click Here to see if Java is installed on your computer.
3. Install Java. Watch a Java Install/Upgrade Video
4. Upgrading Java:
- Windows – We recommend that you uninstall and reinstall Java. You may also delete Java temp files.
- Mac – Watch a Java Install/Upgrade Video.
FAQs & Printing Help
Please note that a coupon will no longer print once it has reached its printing limit.
Questions about non-Kellogg brands should be directed to the manufacturer. Kellogg works with RedPlum.com to provide online coupons and related support.